Saturday, October 6, 2018

Cadet vs. Regular Golf Gloves: Learning the lingo

There’s a lot I still have to learn about golf.  Playing the game is important, but also, I need to learn the terminology. When talking with other golfers, I’ll hear terms that I’m still unfamiliar with.

Today it’s “cadet vs, regular golf gloves. I needed to buy a couple and had no idea of the difference.

In short, if glove is labeled with the term "cadet," it is shaped differently than a regular golf glove. Regular gloves are designed for golfers who have proportional hands, while cadet golf gloves are designed in men's sizes for golfers who have relatively short fingers coupled with wide palms. When placed side-by-side with a regular golf glove, the cadet glove is wider and shorter. That’s it.



Next, I’ll go over some other terms that are often used on the course.


No comments:

Post a Comment